The Czech Film Commission, established in 2004, serves primarily international feature film, television, commercial and video production companies and filmmakers by providing consultation, guidance and contacts. We are the most comprehensive resource for information about film-making locally, from legal requirements and permits, to talent and tips on where to throw your wrap party.
The Czech Film Commission serves as a liaison between local and national institutions and companies, helping co-ordinate the work of those people who are involved in providing film production services to visiting filmmakers. We link international film-makers to the local audiovisual infrastructure and to local authorities. And the communication goes two ways. We also listen to the developing needs of film industry professionals and communicate those to municipal and state institutions.
Our services include:
- providing all relevant information about conditions and possibilities for filming in the Czech Republic
- connecting producers with the right local partners for their projects
- offering contact information for local service providers, crews, facilities and other services
- assisting with preliminary location scouting
- acting as liaison with local authorities
- consulting on financing and co-production possibilities
From January 2013 we became a part of National film archive.